Areas of Research
The exercise group
The exercise group is led by Prof. J Baker, Dr. Y Gao, Mr. B Quach, Prof. B Davies, and Dr. G Ash. Dr. Gao was trained in public health and epidemiology and is adept in exercise intervention studies to improve physical activity and health, and diverse epidemiological study designs. Mr. Quach is the Technical Director of the SPEH. He will be responsible for exercise-related laboratory measurements. Prof. Davies will provide guidance on exercise physiology, while Dr. Ash will contribute to both study design and exercise psychology.
The Chinese medicines group
The Chinese medicines group is led by Prof. ZX Bian, Dr. L Zhong, Prof. Z Lin, and Prof. YB Feng. Currently, this team is leading a research project in collaboration with Chinese medicine Practitioners of tri-parties Chinese medicine Clinics under the Hospital Authority to assess the syndrome changes of post-infection COVID-19 patients.
The rehabilitation group
The rehabilitation group is led by Dr. WM Lau and Prof. Baker. Dr. Lau was trained in rehabilitation sciences. His research focus is on neurological basis of emotion and behaviors and mechanisms of rehabilitative treatment. Dr. Lau and Prof. Baker both have experience in rehabilitation. Both have worked extensively with patient populations looking at the effects of exercise interventions on recovery. The outcome measures have included muscle damage, blood biochemistry, injury, and muscular manipulation.
The systems biology group
Systems biology group is led by Prof. W Jia and Prof. Davies with additional, significant contributions from Prof. Baker and Prof. Bian. Prof. Jia has over 17 years of experience in metabolomics and systems biology research. He has developed innovative protocols for LC-MS and GC-MS analysis of metabolomics in various specimens, including serum, plasma, urine, saliva, and stool samples. Prof. Jia’s team has also developed computer algorithms to extract and process microbiome and metabolome data. Using these established tools, Professors Jia and Bian have completed dozens of metabolomics projects that involve human investigations, including epidemiological studies of human liver and cancer. They have also investigated glucose metabolism in acute myeloid leukemia, metabolic features related to colorectal cancer prognosis, gut microbial metabolites, and bile acids in patients with irritable bowel syndrome or diabetes. Co-leader Prof. Davies is a former director of the British Olympic Medical Centre and has vast experience in collecting and analyzing blood samples. He also has extensive knowledge in relation to investigations associated with cardiovascular disease subjects and diabetic populations. He has experience as a clinical cardiologist and working with patients who are critically ill.
Professor Jia Wei's team discovers molecular mechanisms for cholesterol and lipid lowering effects of Pu-erh tea. https://scm.hkbu.edu.hk/en/news/news_789.html
The pulmonary physiology group
The pulmonary physiology group is led by Prof. PD Wagner. Prof. Wagner is the Distinguished Professor of Medicine & Bioengineering and Professor Emeritus in the Department of Medicine at the University of California. During his research career, his focus has been on oxygen transport, which is connected with all types of lung disease. Prof. Wagner developed a unique analysis of O2 transport that explains how maximal O2 transport and utilization is determined by the integrated determinants of each part of the O2 transport pathway. Most recently, Prof. Wagner has become involved in COVID-19 research, proposing the use of simple, widely available, arterial, and expired CO2 measurements in infected patients to determine the presence of areas of reduced blood flow in the lung as a reflection of pulmonary arterial thromboembolic events.
Giants in Chest Medicine: Emeritus Professor Peter D. Wagner, MD https://journal.chestnet.org/article/S0012-3692(18)32579-0/pdf
The Psychology group
The Psychology group is led by Prof. Baker, Dr. Lau and Mr. Quach. Prof. Baker has published several papers related to psychological interventions. He has worked with sports teams, including the Welsh Rugby Union using psychological techniques to improve performance. He has also supervised Master’s and Doctoral thesis in relation to psychological performance and behavior change. Prof. Baker is currently the Co-I on a global Covistress project with Medical collaborators globally and particularly in France. For more information please click the following links:
The epidemiology group
The epidemiology group is led by Dr. Gao and includes Dr. Zhong and Dr. Ash. This research group will be responsible for the implementation of the intervention and data collection.
The data management group
The data management group is led by Prof. Y Guo, Dr. X Yang, and Dr. Y Gao. Prof. Guo is the Vice President (Research and Development) of HKBU and the founding director of the Data Science Institute at Imperial College London. He is a Fellow of the Royal Academy of Engineering (FREng), Member of Academia Europaea (MAE), Fellow of British Computer Society and a Trustee of The Royal Institution of Great Britain. He has over 200 peer-reviewed papers published and many COVID-19 related research projects. He has contributed to projects which have been internationally recognised, including winning the “Most Innovative Data Intensive Application Award” at the Supercomputing 2002 conference for Discovery Net, the Bio-IT World “Best Practices Award” for U-BIOPRED in 2014 and the “Best Open Source Software Award” from ACM SIGMM in 2017. Prof. Guo and Dr. Yang have led and played active roles in the eTRIKS project (https://www.etriks.org/) to build up the largest cross-European data management platform for translational medicine research. Dr. Yang has completed many translational medicine research projects (such as UBIOPRED for severe asthma subtyping), and now she is participating in COVID-19 research projects, such as building the Bayesian framework of monitoring the impact of interventions to contain COVID-19. Dr. Gao has experience in managing and analyzing data from diverse epidemiological studies, including RCTs.
- Yue, X. G., Shao, X. F., Li, R. Y. M., Crabbe, M. J. C., Mi, L., Hu, S., Baker, J. S., Liu, L., Dong, K. Risk Prediction and Assessment: Duration, Infections and Death Toll of the COVID-19 and Its Impact on China’s Economy, Applied Economics and Finance section. Journal of Risk Financial Management. 2020;13, 66.
- Hosseini M, Bagheri R, Nikkar H, Baker JS, Jaime SJ, Mosayebi Z, Zouraghi MR, Wong A. The effect of interval training on adipokine plasmatic levels in rats with induced myocardial infarction. Arch Physiol Biochem. 2020 May;15:1-5.
- Bagheri R, Rashidlamir A, Ashtary-Larky D, Wong A, Grubbs B, Motevalli MS, Baker JS, Laher I, Zouhal H. Effects of green tea extract supplementation and endurance training on irisin, pro-inflammatory cytokines, and adiponectin concentrations in overweight middle-aged men. Eur J Appl Physiol. 2020 Apr; 120(4):915-923
- Bagheri R, Moghadam BH, Church DD, Tinsley GM, Eskandari M, Moghadam BH, Motevalli MS, Baker JS, Robergs RA, Wong A. The effects of concurrent training order on body composition and serum concentrations of follistatin, myostatin and GDF11 in sarcopenic elderly men. Exp Gerontol. 2020 May; 133:110869
- Mokhtarzade M, Motl R, Negaresh R, Zimmer P, Khodadoost M, Baker JS, Patel D, Majdinasab N, Ranjbar R. Exercise-induced changes in neurotrophic factors and markers of blood-brain barrier permeability are moderated by weight status in multiple sclerosis. Neuropeptides. 2018 Aug; 70:93-100.
- Zhong LLD, Lam WC, Yang W, Chan KW, Sze CW, Miao JX, Yun KKL, Bian ZX, Wong VT. Potential Targets for Treatment of Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19): A Review of Qing-Fei-Pai-Du-Tang and its Major Herbs. The American Journal of Chinese Medicine. (Accepted) 2020 May 15th; 48(5):
- Zhao L, Yang W, Chen Y, Huang F, Lu L, Lin C, Huang T, Ning Z, Zhai L, Zhong LLD, Lam W, Yang Z, Zhang X, Cheng C, Han L, Qiu Q, Shang X, Huang R, Xiao H, Ren Z, Chen D, Sun S, El-Nezami H, Cai Z, Lu A, Fang X, Jia W, Bian ZX*. A Clostridia-rich microbiota enhances bile acid excretion in diarrhea-predominant irritable bowel syndrome. J Clin Invest. 2020 Jan 2;130(1):438-450.
- Zhong LLD, Cheng CW, Kun W, Dai L, Hu DD, Ning ZW, Xiao HT, Lin CY, Zhao L, Huang T, Tian K, Chan KH, Lam TY, Chen XR, Wong CT,Li M, Lu AP, Wu JC, Bian ZX*. Chinese herbal medicine (MaZiRenWan) for Functional Constipation: A Three-arm, Randomized, Controlled Trial. Clinical stroenterology and Hepatology, 2019 Jun;17(7):1303-1310.e18.
- Wong HLX, Qin HY, Tsang SW, Zuo X, Che S, Chow CFW, Li X, Xiao HT, Zhao L, Huang T, Lin CY, Kwan HY, Yang T, Longo FM, Lyu A, Bian ZX*. Early life stressdisrupts intestinal homeostasis via NGF-TrkA signaling. Nat Commun. 2019 Apr15;10(1):1745
- Cheng CW, Wu TX, Shang HC, Li YP, Altman DG, Moher D, Bian ZX*. CONSORT-CHM Formulas 2017 Group. CONSORT Extension for Chinese Herbal Medicine Formulas 2017: Recommendations, Explanation, and Elaboration. Ann In tern Med. 2017 Jun 27.
Prof. Jia, Wei
Professor, CMTR, Chinese Medicine and Systems Biology, HKBU
- Huang FJ, Zheng XJ, Ma XH, Jiang RQ, Zhou WY, Zhou SP, Zhang YJ, Lei S, Wang SL, Kuang JL, Han XL, Wei ML, You YJ, Li MC, Li YT, Liang DD, Liu JJ, Chen TL, Yan C, Wei RM, Rajani C, Shen CX, Xie GX, Bian ZX, Li HK, Zhao AH, Jia W. Theabrownin from Pu-erh tea attenuates hypercholesterolemia via modulation of gut microbiota and bile acid metabolism. Nature Communications, 2019;10(1), 4971.
- Jia W, Xie, GX, Jia, WP, Bile acids-microbiome crosstalk and in gastrointestinal inflammation and carcinogenesis. Nature Reviews Gastroenterology and Hepatology, 2018;15(2), 111-128.
- Xie GX, Wang SL, Hang H, Zhao AH, Liu JJ, Ma YM, Lan K, Liu CX, Liu P, Chen TL, Jia W. Poly-Pharmacokinetic study of a multicomponent herbal medicine in healthy Chinese volunteers. Clinical Pharmacology & Therapeutics, 2017;103 (4), 692-702.
- Chen WL, Wang YY, Zhao AH, Xia L, Xie GX, Su MM, Zhao LJ, Liu JJ, Qu C, Wei RM, Rajani C, Ni Y, Cheng Z, Chen Z, Chen SJ, Jia W. Enhanced fructose utilization mediated by SLC2A5 is a unique metabolic feature of acute myeloid leukemia with therapeutic potential, Cancer Cell, 2016;30(5), 779-791.
- Chen WL, Wang JH, Zhao AH, Xu X, Wang YH, Chen TL, Li JM, Mi JQ, Zhu YM, Liu YF, Wang YY, Jin J, Huang H, Wu DP, Li Y, Yan XJ, Yan JS, Li JY, Wang S, Huang XJ, Wang BS, Chen Z, Chen SJ, Jia W. A distinct glucose metabolism signature of acute myeloid leukemia with prognostic value. Blood, 2014;124(10), 1645-1654.
- YL Chen, YF Xian, S Loo, ZQ Lai, WY Chan, L Liu, Lin ZX*. Huang-Lian-Jie-Du extract ameliorates atopic dermatitis-like skin lesions induced by 2,4-dinitrobenzene in mice via suppression of MAPKs and NF-κB pathways. J Ethnopharmacol. 2020;249:112367.
- Zhang X, Liu XD, Xian YF, Zhang F, Huang P, Tang Y, Yuan J, Lin ZX*. Berberine enhances survival and axonal regeneration of motoneurons following spinal root avulsion and re-implantation in rats. Free Radic Biol Med. 2019;143:454-70.
- Yue GG, Wong LS, Leung HW, Gao S, Tsang JY, Lin ZX, Tse GM, Lau CB. Evaluation of the safety profiles of estrogenic Chinese herbal medicines in breast cancer. Phytomedicine. 2019;56: pp.103-117.
- Zhang ZB, Luo DD, Xie JH, Xian YF, Lai ZQ, Liu YH, Liu WH, Chen JN, Lai XP, Lin ZX*, Su ZR. Curcumin’s metabolites, tetrahydrocurcumin and octahydrocurcumin, possess superior anti-inflammatory effects in vivo through suppression of TAK1-NF-κB pathway. Front Pharmacol. 2018;9:1181.
- Xian YF, Zhen H, Ip SP, Chen JN, Su ZR, Lai XP, Lin ZX*. Comparison of the Anti-inflammatory Effects of Sinapis alba and Brassica juncea in Mouse Models of Inflammation. Phytomedicine. 2018; 50: pp.196-204.
- Zhang J, Zhang X, Sun K, Yang X, Da, C, Guo Y. Unsupervised Annotation of Phenotypic Abnormalities on Electronic Health Records via Semantic Latent Representations. In Proceeding of the IEEE International Conference on Bioinformatics and Biomedicine (IEEE BIBM 2019)
- Oehmichen A, Guitton F, Emam I, Agapow P, Guo, Y. A Multi-Tenant Computational Platform for Translational Medicine. In Proceedings of the 38th IEEE International Conference on Distributed Computing Systems (ICDCS). 2018.
- Emam I, Elyasigomari V, Matthews A, Pavlidis S, Rocca-Serra P, Guitton F, Verbeeck D, Grainger L, Borgogni E, Del Giudice G, Saqi M, Houston P, Guo Y. PlatformTM, a standards-based data custodianship platform for translational medicine research. Scientific Data. 2019; 6, 149. https://doi.org/10.1038/s41597-019-0156-9
- Mo Y, Liu F, Mcilwraith D, Yang G, Zhang J, He T, Guo Y. The Deep Poincare Map: A Novel Approach for Left Ventricle Segmentation. MICCAI 2018.
- Wang Y, Li Q, Liu L, Zhou Z, Ruan Z, Kong L, Li Y, Wang Y, Zhong N, Chai R, Luo X, Guo Y, Hawrylycz M, Luo Q, Gu Z, Xie W, Zeng H, Peng H. TeraVR: Empowers Precise Reconstruction of Complete 3-D Neuronal Morphology in the Whole Brain. Nature Communications, 2019;10, 3474.
- Louvaris Z, Chynkiamis N, Spetsioti S, Asimakos A, Zakynthinos S, Wagner PD, Vogiatzis I.. Greater exercise tolerance in COPD during acute interval, compared to equivalent constant‐load, cycle exercise: physiological mechanisms. The Journal of Physiology. 2020.
- Gu WJ, Wuren T, Xu I, Qin G, Yan M, Wei G, Wagner H, Ge RL, Wagner PD, Simonson T. Tibetan and Han Chinese oxygen transport at 2200 m and simulated 4200 m during peak exercise. The FASEB Journal. 2020;34(S1):1-1.
- Gu, WJ, Wuren T, Qin G, Yan M, Wei G, Wagner H, Ge RL, Wagner PD, Simonson T. Tibetans and Han Chinese residents at intermediate altitude respond differently to chronic and simulated altitude‐induced hypoxia. The FASEB Journal. 2020; 34(S1):1-1.
- Zamani, P, Proto EA, Mazurek J.A, Prenner, SB, Margulies KB, Townsend RR, Kelly DP, Arany Z, Poole DC, Wagner PD, Chirinos JA. Peripheral determinants of oxygen utilization in heart failure with preserved ejection fraction: central role of adiposity. JACC: Basic to Translational Science, 2020; 5(3): pp.211-225.
- Broxterman RM, Hoff J, Wagner PD, Richardson. Determinants of the diminished exercise capacity in patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease: looking beyond the lungs. The Journal of Physiology. 2020; 598(3): pp.599-610.
- Fall L, Brugniaux JV, Davis D, Marley CJ, Davies B, New KJ, McEneny J, Young IS, Bailey DM. Redox-regulation of haemostasis in hypoxic exercising humans: a randomised double-blind placebo-controlled antioxidant study. J Physiol. 2018 Oct;596(20):4879-4891.
- Harcombe Z, Baker JS, Davies B. Evidence from prospective cohort studies does not support current dietary fat guidelines: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Br J Sports Med. 2017 Dec;51(24):1743-1749. doi: 10.1136/bjsports-2016-096550. Epub 2016 Oct 3.
- Harcombe Z, Baker JS, DiNicolantonio JJ, Grace F, Davies B. Evidence from randomised controlled trials does not support current dietary fat guidelines: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Open Heart. 2016 Aug 8;3(2):e000409. doi: 10.1136/openhrt-2016-000409.
- Harcombe Z, Baker JS, Davies B. Evidence from prospective cohort studies did not support the introduction of dietary fat guidelines in 1977 and 1983: a systematic review. Br J Sports Med. 2017 Dec;51(24): pp.1737-1742. doi: 10.1136/bjsports-2016-096409. Epub 2016 Jun 29.
- Harcombe Z, Baker JS, Cooper SM, Davies B, Sculthorpe N, DiNicolantonio JJ, Grace F. Evidence from randomised controlled trials did not support the introduction of dietary fat guidelines in 1977 and 1983: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Open Heart. 2015 Jan 29;2(1):e000196.
Dr. Gao, Yang
Associate Professor, Department of Sport, Physical Education and Health, HKBU
- Chung JWY, Fong SSM, Gao Y, Yam TTT, Chak YTC, Leung JCY, Wong TKS. Effects of Chinese martial art training on upper-limb sensorimotor performance in community-dwelling older adults: A randomized controlled trial. International Journal of Nursing Sciences. 2020;7(1):29-34.
- Cheng YTY, Schooling CM, Ma AWW, Fong DYT, Hung YS, Gao Y, Fong SSM, Chung JWY. Effects of attention-neuromuscular training on reactive balance performance, attention level and leg muscle activations in children with developmental coordination disorder: a randomised controlled trial. Medicine (Baltimore). 2019; 98 (45):e17946.
- Brown T, Moore THM, Hooper L, Gao Y, Zayegh A, Ijaz S, Elwenspoek M, Foxen SC, Magee L, O’Malley C, Waters E, Summerbell CD. Interventions for preventing obesity in children. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews. 2019; 7:
- Wang JJ, Wang M, Lau PWC, Ainsworth BE, He G, Gao Y. Physical activity as a mediator of the associations between perceived environments and body mass index in Chinese adolescents. Health & Place. 2018, 54: pp. 37-42.
- Wang JJ, Tom B, Lau PWC, Buday R, Gao Y. Story Immersion May Be Effective in Promoting Diet and Physical Activity in Chinese Children. Journal of Nutrition Education and Behavior. 2017; 49: pp.321-329.
- Zhong LLD, Lam WC, Yang W, Chan KW, Sze CW, Miao JX, Yun KKL, Bian ZX,Wong VT. Potential Targets for Treatment of Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19):A Review of Qing-Fei-Pai-Du-Tang and its Major Herbs. The American Journal ofChinese Medicine. 2020; 48(5). (Accepted, May 15th, 2020).
- Zhao L, Yang W, Chen Y, Huang F, Lu L, Lin C, Huang T, Ning Z, Zhai L, Zhong LLD, Lam W, Yang Z, Zhang X, Cheng C, Han L, Qiu Q, Shang X, Huang R, Xiao H, Ren Z, Chen D, Sun S, El-Nezami H, Cai Z, Lu A, Fang X, Jia W, Bian Z. A Clostridia rich microbiota enhances bile acid excretion in diarrhea-predominant irritable bowel syndrome. J Clin Invest. 2020 Jan 2;130(1): pp.438-450.
- Zhong LLD, Cheng CW, Kun W, Dai L, Hu DD, Ning ZW, Xiao HT, Lin CY, Zhao L, Huang T, Tian K, Chan KH, Lam TY, Chen XR, Wong CT,Li M, Lu AP, Wu JC, Bian ZX. Chinese herbal medicine (MaZiRenWan) for Functional Constipation: A Threearm, Randomized, Controlled Trial.Clinical Gastroenterology and Hepatology. 2019;17(7): pp.1303-1310.e18.
- Zhong LLD, Yan PJ, Lam WC, Yao L, Bian ZX. Coriolus versicolor and Ganoderma lucidum Related Natural Products as An Adjunct Therapy for Cancers: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis of Randomized Controlled Trials. Frontiers in Pharmacology. 2019 Jul 3;10:703. doi: 10.3389/fphar.2019.00703.
- Lam WC, Zhong LLD, Liu YQ, Shi NN, Ng Bacon, Ziea Eric, Bian ZX, Lu AP. Hong Kong Chinese Medicine Clinical Practice Guideline for Cancer Palliative Care - Pain, Constipation and Insomnia. eCAM. 2019: 1038206.
Dr. Yang, Xian
Assistant Professor, Department of Computer Science, HKBU
- Chen YJ, Yang X, et al. Identifying Linked Incidents in Large-scale Online Service Systems. The ACM Joint European Software Engineering Conference and Symposium on the Foundations of Software Engineering (ESEC/FSE), 2020.
- Zhang J, Zhang X, Sun K, Yang X, Dai C, Guo Y. Unsupervised Annotation of Phenotypic Abnormalities via Semantic Latent Representations on Electronic Health Records. 2019 IEEE International Conference on Bioinformatics and Biomedicine (IEEE BIBM), 2019.
- Chen Y, Yang X, et al. Outage Prediction and Diagnosis for Cloud Service Systems. (short paper) WWW2019: The Web Conference, 2019.
- Brandsma J, Goss V, Yang X, et al. Lipid phenotyping of lung epithelial lining fluid in healthy human volunteers. Metabolomics. 2018: 14(123).
- Yang X, Guo Y, Pan W. Sparse Bayesian classification and feature selection for biological expression data with high correlations. PloS One 2017: 12(12).
- Cheung KK, Fung TK, Mak JC, Cheung SY, He W, Leung JW, Lau BW*, Ngai SP*. The acute effects of cigarette smoke exposure on muscle fiber type dynamics in rats. PLoS One. 2020 May 20;15(5):e0233523.
- Lau WK, Leung MK, Lau BW. Resting-state abnormalities in Autism Spectrum Disorders: A meta-analysis. Scientific reports. 2019 Mar 7;9(1):3892.
- Po KK, Leung JW, Chan JN, Fung TK, Sánchez-Vidaña DI, Sin EL, So KF, Lau BW*, Siu AM. Protective effect of Lycium Barbarum polysaccharides on dextromethorphan-induced mood impairment and neurogenesis suppression. Brain research bulletin. 2017 Sep 1;134:10-7.
- Chan JN, Lee JC, Lee SS, Hui KK, Chan AH, Fung TK, Sánchez-Vidaña DI, Lau BW*, Ngai SP. Interaction effect of social isolation and high dose corticosteroid on neurogenesis and emotional behavior. Frontiers in behavioral neuroscience. 2017 Feb 21;11:18.
- Sánchez-Vidaña DI, Chan NM, Chan AH, Hui KK, Lee S, Chan HY, Law YS, Sze MY, Tsui WC, Fung TK, Lau BW*. Repeated treatment with oxytocin promotes hippocampal cell proliferation, dendritic maturation and affects socio-emotional behavior. Neuroscience. 2016 Oct 1;333:65-77.
- Wang N, Tan HY, Li S, Feng Y*. Atg9b Deficiency Suppresses Autophagy and Potentiates Endoplasmic Reticulum Stress-Associated Hepatocyte Apoptosis in Hepatocarcinogenesis. Theranostics. 2017 Jun 2;7(8): pp.2325-2338.
- Cheng Y, Feng Y, Xia Z, Li X, Rong J*. <omega>-Alkynyl arachidonic acid promotes anti-inflammatory macrophage M2 polarization against acute myocardial infarction via regulating the cross-talk between PKM2, HIF-1<alpha> and iNOS. BBA - Molecular and Cell Biology of Lipids, 2017 Dec;1862(12):1595-1605.
- Hung J, Cao S, Tang H, He Y, Feng Y, Wang K, Zhang QS. Molecular targets and associated potential pathways of Danlu capsules in hyperplasia of mammary glands based on systems pharmacology. Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine. 2017; (9):1-10.
- Hong M, Li S, Tan HY, Cheung F, Wang N, Huang J, Feng Y*. A network-based pharmacology study of the potential hepatotoxicity of traditional hepatoprotective Chinese herbal medicines. Molecules 2017; 22(4), 632.
- Hong M, Li S, Wang N, Tan HY, Cheung F, Feng Y*. A biomedical Investigation on the hepatoprotective rffect of tadix salviae miltiorrhizae and network pharmacology-based prediction of the active compounds and molecular targets. International Journal of Molecular Sciences 2017, Mar 13;18(3):620.
- Ash GI, Stults-Kolehmainen M, Busa MA, et al. (14 total authors). Establishing a Global Standard for Wearable Devices in Sport and Fitness: Perspectives from the New England Chapter of the American College of Sports Medicine Members. Curr Sports Med Rep. 2020; 19(2): pp.45-49.
- Ash GI, Joiner KL, Savoye M., Baker JS, Gerosa J, Kleck E., Patel NS, Stults-Kolehmainen M., Weinzimer SA, Grey M., Feasibility and Safety of a Group Physical Activity Program for Youth with Type 1 Diabetes. Pediatr. Diabetes. 2019; 20(4): pp. 450-459.
- Ash GI, Kim D, Choudhury M. Promises of nanotherapeutics in obesity. Trends in Endocrin Metab. 2019; 30(6): pp. 369-383.
- Ash GI, Taylor BA, Thompson PD, MacDonald HV, Lamberti L, Chen MH, Farinatti P, Kraemer WJ, Panza GA, Zaleski AL, Deshpande V, Ballard KD, Mujtaba M, White CM, Pescatello LS. The antihypertensive effects of aerobic versus isometric handgrip exercise. J Hypertens. 2017; 35(2): pp. 291-299.
- Ash GI, Kostek MA, Lee H, et al. Glucocorticoid receptor (NR3C1) variants associate with the muscle strength and size response to resistance training. PLoS One. 2016; 11(1).
Mr. Quach, Binh
Technical Officer, Department of Sport, Physical Education and Health, HKBU
- Liu JD, Quach B, Chung P K. Further understanding of the Senior Fitness Test: Evidence from community-dwelling high function older adults in Hong Kong. Archives of Gerontology and Geriatrics. 2019; 82: pp. 286-292. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.archger.2019.02.011
- Chung P K, Zhao Y N, Liu JD, Quach, B. A canonical correlation analysis of functional fitness and quality of life in older population. Archives of Gerontology and Geriatrics 2017; 68: pp. 44-48.
- Yang YD, Lau WC, Wang JJ, Bin. D, Wu LJ, Quach, B, Wong DP, Fu, LG, Ma J, Wang H J. Association among cardiorespiratory endurance, body mass index and blood pressure in Han Chinese Children: Results from the 2010 Chinese National Survey On Students’ Constitution and Health. Hypertension Research. 2016; 39: pp. 799-804.
- Chung PK, Zhao YN, Liu JD, Quach B. Functional fitness norms for community-dwelling older adults in Hong Kong. Archives of Gerontology and Geriatrics . 2016; 65: pp. 54-62.
- Chung PK, Zhao YN, Liu JD, Quach B. A Brief Note on the Validity and reliability of the Rating of Perceived Scale in monitoring exercise intensity among Chinese older adults in Hong Kong. Perceptual & Motor Skill. 2015; 121(3): pp. 805-809.
Back to Menu