Ms Annie Wan
Academy of Visual Arts
- (852) 34118227
Ms Annie Wan’s research is deeply engaged with the field of ceramic art and focuses on rethinking the materiality of ceramics and developing conceptual approaches, through processes of making, that extend the language of contemporary ceramic art. Ms Wan explores themes such as consumerism, craftsmanship versus mass production, and the relationship between art and everyday objects in her work. She has participated in numerous local and international exhibitions and her work is held in prominent public collections, such as the Hong Kong Heritage Museum and Hong Kong Museum of Art, as well as the Burger Collection and the University of Salford Art Collection.
Ms Wan has also participated in numerous international residencies, arts festivals and biennials. She obtained her Master’s degree from the Department of Fine Arts of the Chinese University of Hong Kong in 1999 and has served as an Assistant Professor at the Academy of Visual Arts of Hong Kong Baptist University since 2015.
- Artist of the Year (Visual Arts), Arts Development Council, Hong Kong, China (2018)
- Awarded Artist, Hong Kong House at Echigo-Tsumari Art Field by Hong Kong Art Promotion Office (2018)
- Award Winner, Contemporary Hong Kong Art Biennial Exhibition, Hong Kong Museum of Art (2003)
- Winner-Sculpture, Philippe Charriol Foundation Art Competition (1999)
- Wan, LK Annie. “From the Renaming of the American Craft Museum to the Development of Contemporary Hong Kong Ceramics in the Context of Art and Craft.” Hong Kong Visual Arts Yearbook 2005. Hong Kong: Department of Fine Arts, CUHK, 2006.
- Wan, LK Annie. “Nostalgia and Moulding.” White Text Vol.2. Hong Kong: Hong Kong Art School, 2006.
- Wan, LK Annie. Moulding World – A Summer in Denmark. the Habitus, Hong Kong, 2005.
- Wan, LK Annie. Longing and Rediscovery: Reflections on Moulding. Hong Kong: The Chinese University of Hong Kong, 1999.