Mr Kingsley Ng
Academy of Visual Arts
- (852) 3411 8197
Mr Kingsley Ng is an interdisciplinary artist and designer with a focus on conceptual, site-specific and participatory projects. His creative practices are driven by a belief that art can be socially relevant and transformative. His recent projects include Twenty-Five Minutes Older, a commission by Art Basel which takes the audience on a camera obscura moving tram, and After the Deluge, presented in an underground storm-water tank the size of 40 Olympic-sized swimming pools.
His work has been shown to critical acclaim at prominent international venues such as the Guangzhou Triennial, the Shanghai Expo, the Echigo-Tsumari Art Triennial Japan, Milan Design Week and various exhibitions in France, Italy and Australia.
Mr Ng holds a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree in New Media from Ryerson University, Canada; a Master of Science degree in Sustainable Design from the University of Edinburgh, Scotland; and Post-diplôme avec les félicitations du jury à l’unanimité (Master of Fine Arts degree equivalent) from Le Fresnoy – Studio National des Arts Contemporains, France. He has served as an Assistant Professor at the Academy of Visual Arts of Hong Kong Baptist University since 2015.
- Best Artist Award (Media Art), Arts Development Council, Hong Kong, China (2014)
- Asian Cultural Council Fellowship (2013)
- Artist in Residence, Cité internationale des arts, Paris, France (2010)
- 36 Young Designers of the Year in Asia, Design Net Magazine, South Korea (2010)
- Hong Kong Contemporary Art Biennial Award, Hong Kong Museum of Art, Hong Kong, China (2009)
- IFVA Single Screen Media Gold Award, Hong Kong Art Centre, Hong Kong, China (2007)
- Exhibition Travel Grant, Canada Council of the Arts, Toronto, Canada (2006)
- Artist in Residence, Fabrica Research Centre, Treviso, Italy (2006)
- Visual Art Award, Interaccess Electronic Arts Centre, Toronto, Canada (2002)
- Ng, Kingsley. “Artist Initiatives through the Interstice.” Guggenheim Museum Blog, April 2014, New York, United States.
- Ng, Kingsley. “Like a Vessel that accepts nature as it is.” Am Post Feb 2014, Hong Kong, China.
- Ng, Kingsley. In Wang Dong, Feng Boyi, Iris Sie, eds. Crossroads Another Dimension: He Xiangning Art Museum, 2013: 174-179
- Ng, Kingsley. “Galaxy Express”. In Imminent Domain. Hong Kong: Asia Society, 2013: 112-119
- Ng, Kingsley. In Chang Tsong-Zung, Serenella Ciclitira, eds. Hong Kong Eye. Hong Kong: Skira 2012: 238 – 241
- Ng, Kingsley. “In-between: Works by Kingsley Ng,” Monograph, Hong Kong, China.
- Ng, Kingsley. “Wind Chimes.” In Fram Kitagaw, ed. Echigo Tsumari Art Triennial 2009. Tokyo: Gendaikikakushitsu Publishers, 2009: 97
- Ng, Kingsley. “Crosscurrents: Ambient Art,” Monograph, Hong Kong, China.